What is a Micro School?
Imagine a small school that is highly individualized for your child based on their interests and their abilities. That’s a Micro School.
The model of a micro school is evolving; most are characterized with common traits:
- An intentionally small student population,
- An innovative curriculum,
- Place-based and experiential learning,
- The use of cutting-edge technology, and
- An emphasis on mastering or understanding material.
The education that micro schools provide is highly personalized. Teachers typically guide students’ curiosity rather than lecture at them. Instead of utilizing a fixed curriculum, they integrate subjects that students are passionate about into daily lesson plans and account for each student’s unique strengths, learning style, and existing knowledge.